Get rid of you Colgate toothpaste or any toothpaste that contains sodium fluoride!
The following info is from Dr. Mercola's website:
there are plenty of studies showing the dangers of ingesting fluoride, both from dental products and fluoridated water, including potential…
- Increased lead absorption
- Hyperactivity and/or lethargy
- Brain damage and lower IQ
- Lowered thyroid function
- Genetic damage and cell death
- Immune system disruption
- Bone fractures and arthritis
- Bone cancer (osteosarcoma)
- Increased tumor and cancer rates
- Fertility abnormalities
12 Superstar Ingredients for a Natural and Effective Toothpaste
- Calcium carbonate – Mild abrasive for cleaning your teeth.
- Xylitol – Enhances flavor. More details on this amazing ingredient coming up.
- Organic Aloe Vera Juice – Helps to cleanse the teeth and gums while soothing your entire mouth.
- Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda) – Promotes whitening and helps freshen your breath.
- Essential Oil Blend – Made from natural peppermint, eucalyptus, cardamom, and anise for breath freshening.
- Natural Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (SLL) – Multi-purpose ingredient produced from coconut oil and food-grade all-natural lactic acid. It creates foaming action. This is not the same as risky SLS (more on this coming up).
- Organic Tapioca Starch – Used traditionally in the West Indies as a basis for oral vitality.
- Carageenan – Natural red seaweed extract used to help thicken the toothpaste.
- Stevia Leaf Extract – A sugar free sweetener that actually helps clean teeth.
- Licorice Root Extract – Helps to freshen your breath.
- Tea Tree Oil –Promotes clean teeth.
- Tulsi Oil – Holy Basil prevents occasional bad breath and cleans your teeth.
Dispelling SLL MisconceptionsAnother ingredient that may raise some eyebrows because of its assumed closeness to a harsh chemical and irritant called sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), is sodium lauroyl lactylate (SLL).
Many people might confuse the two surfactants as being one and the same. However, nothing could be further from the truth.